Bugzilla@Mozdev – Bug 26126
Space added after cursor
Last modified: 2016-02-20 10:56:53
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
* Mac OS X 10.11.2
* Postbox 4.0.8
* SmartTemplate4 1.1
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start with fresh Postbox profile.
2. Get at least one e-mail message you can reply to.
3. Install SmartTemplate4 and restart Postbox.
4. Open SmartTemplate4 preferences and, go to the "Reply" tab, and turn on
"Apply the following template to the replied message."
5. Still in the "Reply" tab, enter "test" for the "Quote Header."
6. Click "Advanced," go to the "Global Settings" tab, and uncheck "Insert Space
to highlight %cursor%."
7. Close SmartTemplate4 preferences.
8. Start a reply to any e-mail (I highlighted a message and used the cmd-r
Expected behavior: Cursor is positioned on an empty line.
Observed behavior: Cursor is positioned at the beginning of a line with a
single space on it.
Additional notes: I've seen many comments about fixing this by turning off the
"Insert Space to highlight %cursor%" setting. When that setting is on (the
default) the space is there and is the default selection, as expected.
However, as you see above, when I disable this setting the space is still
added, it's just not selected by default.
I can find no way to get rid of this space, including entering something in the
"Template" for replies, nor by telling Postbox to reply after the quote instead
of before the quote (the latter is the default).
Thank you for SmartTemplate4, BTW! This gives me the control over the
attribution line that I was looking for.
Created an attachment (id=8153) [details]
1.2 prerelease 33
Try this hotfix. I have to insert something in order to place the cursor, but I
believe I have managed todeleted the undesired
I can confirm that this does fix the problem I've described here. Thanks much!